I Have a Wife Who Makes Her Own Naan

Last night my wife whipped up some Indian food-- chicken tikka masala and daal tarka and some other lentil thing-- and then she realized we didn't have enough naan in the freezer and so I suggested we use some tortillas-- chicken tikka tacos!-- and then, satisfied that I had really helped out with dinner, I went back to drinking my beer and listening to music and watching her cook . . . and then Ian got home and I talked to him for a bit and then I saw that Catherine was doing something weird with flour on the counter and I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm making some homemade naan from scratch" and I was like WTF? and a Troy Barnes moment from Community popped into my head: after behaving abominably in the video game competition for the inheritance, Pierce's half-brother Gilbert says "Family can make a person do a lot of crazy things" and Troy answers: "I understand . . . I have an uncle who makes his own pizza."

7 comments:

Whitney said...

That’s a naan starter.
You’ll end up naan plussed.
Eat too much and you’ll be naan fat.

rob said...

the puns showed up naan too soon

zman said...

I thought this was going to turn into a Short Skirt/Long Jacket sentence but I guess naan.

Whitney said...

That's a bit of a naan sequitur

rob said...

zed shoulda posted that anaanymously

rob said...

also, if there are three women in town with hair and baking predilection similar to catherine's, would that make them four naan blondes?

rob said...

you're welcome

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.