Suits Don't Suit Me


Several people have recommended the show Suits to me, so my wife and I gave it a shot but I couldn't make it through the pilot-- too many slick-talking good-looking people in silly scenes like the one I posted-- when Mike Ross tells Harvey Specter about his eidetic memory: 

"I like to read and once I read something I understand it, and once I understand it I never forget it"

yuck, how annoying and boring-- and I'll bet that's going to help out in a lot of clutch plot situations-- not that I'm ever going to find out . . . how about a character that says something a little more realistic: 

"I like to read but most of the time while I'm reading something, I fall fast asleep, but sometimes I stay awake and make it through a few pages and then I probably understand 30 percent, forget 30 percent, and misunderstand 30 percent . . . and what happens to the other ten percent? if you look up your ass, you'll find out."

6 comments:

zman said...

zwoman's friend's sister was a writer for Suits but we never watched it because TV shows about lawyering never accurately represent lawyering. You should go for a drive to clear your head once in a while, then you won't fall asleep while you read.

Professor G. Truck said...

i like to take a walk before i fall asleep reading, while listening to the soothing sounds of traffic on route 18

Marls said...

I also hate lawyering shows, especially those that unrealistically portray the unauthorized practice of law.

I do find driving on the right roads very cathartic. Dave, maybe you need to get out of NJ.

Whitney said...

I watched the first few seasons of Suits. Entertaining. Good banter.

zman said...

I saw some lawyer show where it was the first year associate's first day at the firm and the partner handed him a fistful of paper and said "Go to court and argue this brief." Then I changed the channel.

Professor G. Truck said...

yeah, i couldn't handle the silliness of the banter. we started watching "the ned of the f$%^ing world." much more entertaining.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.