Free at Last, Free at Last . . .

The one benefit of my enforced COVID sick leave was that I stayed up to watch both the Jets and the Giants play night games-- the Jets lost a close one to Kansas City on Sunday night and the Giants got smacked by the Seahawks on Monday night . . . I haven't stayed up on consecutive nights to watch sports in a long long time and while it was fun (and stressful and awful) now that both local teams are 1-3 and the Giants are facing a brutal run of games, it looks like I can quit watching, or watching with any serious playoff hopes, and instead enjoy the lovely fall weather . . . free at last, free at last.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

The appropriation of this phrase is so very Dave

Professor G. Truck said...

i was bound in chains to watching the NFL but now I've got a bit more leisure time . . . yeah, that's probably cultural inappropriation . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.