Kids . . . Who Knows What They're Up To?

My students are not watching Yellowjackets, nor have they seen The Wilds or Atlanta or Community or Rick and Morty or Sex Education . . . they tend more towards The Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy-- which is seriously fucked up-- and while I rarely get music recommendations from them (for obvious reasons) a kid in my "Music and the Arts" senior English class-- after I mentioned my love for King Tubby-- told me to check out "Dub Side of the Moon" and "Ziggy Stardub," and while you might think these song-for-song reggae versions of classic albums by the Easy Star All-Stars sound like novelty music, I think they actually might have legs-- I played out both these original albums when I was young and so though I love them, I can't really enjoy them any longer . . . but I think the reggae versions might breathe some new life into these old songs-- and I just started listening to Radiodread, which transmogrifies the album "OK Computer" into reggae and it's a lot of fun.

No comments:

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.