Community Hero or Town Vandal?

My brother, Ann, Craig, and I were supposed to play pickleball at the new courts by my house this evening, but Ann called and said the courts were closed-- the gates were locked with zip ties and some yellow tape-- which was weird because they had been open all week and nothing was under construction-- so I grabbed my wire-cutter pliers and headed down there and cut the zip tie on one of the gates (and Ann said she thought she'd never say this, but I was now her "hero") and we went in and started playing and within twenty minutes the courts were full and when the ranger drove by he either didn't know that the courts were closed and we had all broken in or he didn't want to try to oust twenty people off the courts . . . but anyway, my minor vandalism made a lot of folks in the community very happy, as it was a perfect night for pickleball.

3 comments:

rob said...

or, you undid a perfectly valiant bit of monkeywrenching by local anti-pickleballites/eco saboteurs.

Professor G. Truck said...

good point-- didn't think of that. i've heard people find the constant "thonking" sound of the ball on the paddle annoying-- although not as annoying as the fucking gas-powered leaf blowers . . .

zman said...

Isn't Ann a fan of my commenting?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.