Potpourri

Nothing profound going down, but a few things to report:

1) The Ugly Dumpling is a great BYOB place to go with a large party of people-- fourteen of us ate there last night and it only took twenty minutes for them to seat us and it was 45 bucks a couple for a large quantity of food . . . and it's quite good (although not quite as good as Shanghai Dumpling, but that place is tiny)

2) though the Donaldson Park pickleball courts are open, I went to Castleton this morning and it was very breezy-- this was the first time I played in serious wind, and it's a different game-- it's hard to execute spinning drop shots and you have to put a bunch of topspin on your serve to keep it in play . . . but we still had a lot of fun;

3) Alex borrowed the van yesterday to go grocery shopping for his sick girlfriend and-- as is the custom in our house-- he left it on E and I thought I might run out of gas when I got stuck in road construction traffic on Easton avenue;

4) the Giants almost made it a game against the Dolphins, but not quite . . . this season is a bust-- and the Dolphins' offense is insane-- I've never seen more explosive running plays with so much motion and deception in the backfield . . . when the Giants defensive coordinator's wife asked him if he was sleeping okay this week-- while preparing for the game, Martindale said to her, "Yeah, I’m sleeping like a baby: every two hours, I wake up and cry and go to the bathroom, and try to go back and get some more sleep."

No comments:

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.