Too Easy

I walked out of my house the other night and there were four teenage vandals on my lawn, tampering with my wife's giant inflatable Christmas decoration (a snowman, penguin, striped pole, and holiday gift tableau) and so I yelled, "Hey, get off our lawn! Don't mess with that . . . it's the holidays for Christ's sake" and then, instead of booking away, the delinquents sheepishly apologized: "sorry sir . . . sorry" and then one of them said, without any prompting: "It's Mason . . . you know my brother Tyler," and I was like: yikes, that was the quickest, least compelled confession in the history of crime.

3 comments:

rob said...

i smell a new nbc crime procedural.

Professor G. Truck said...

two-minute mysteries! solved!

Professor G. Truck said...

no violence, no interrogations, very little conflict

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.