The Wit of the Parking Lot (l'esprit du parking)

 


Stacey and I were walking around during our free period today and when we took some stuff to my car, we noticed an egregiously parked car in a spot near mine and I was like "I wish I had a piece of paper because I would leave this person a note!" and Stacey reminded me that she had picked up a bunch of Post-its from the supply room and she handed me one-- and she also had a pen-- so I decided to keep it simple and just go with some classic sarcasm and I wrote "Nice job!" on a pink Post-it and stuck it to the driver side mirror . . . but, of course, there's an element of l'esprit d'escalier to this incident-- perhaps I should have written "I can drive a car!" or "Parallel is just an axiomatic construct" or "Park Outside of the Box" or any number of clever things . . . and if I start carrying around Post-its and a pen, then there's always next time.

5 comments:

zman said...

A few years ago zwoman gave me a box of maybe 50 business cards that only say “Nice parking.” I keep them in my car and use them conservatively, but I use them.

rob said...

that parking job is bad, but it's not card-worthy.

Whitney said...

What does he write in Eternal Sunshine? Maybe an allusion to that?

Although I think it's just like Thanks!! or something, and that guy actually hit his car. Supposedly.

zman said...

I'm impressed that you were able to embed a video, but why did you choose a 3 second video instead of a photo?

Professor G. Truck said...

stacey took the video and shared it with me. i just write sarcastic sarcastic notes.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.