My Wife Stands on Her Own Two Feet

My wife got her stitches out yesterday from her Morton's neuroma foot surgery-- so she's in a medical boot-- but she's walking again, which is good news for me: I'll be relieved of many of the little menial tasks and errands that accumulate when you've got someone on crutches in the house-- can you get my water bottle? I left it downstairs-- and my book and my phone? . . . can you bring the laundry up from the basement? I'll fold it if you bring it up . . . can you grab the remote . . . and a couple of dark chocolate peanut butter cups? etcetera . . . I was happy to oblige her and she was getting quite a bit done, despite the limitations (including chair yoga and chair work-outs?) but it's nice having her walking (and driving) again-- and hopefully, she'll only have to spend a few weeks constrained to the boot.

3 comments:

rob said...

can you *imagine* how much of a pain in the ass dave would be to live with if the shoe were on the other foot?

Whitney said...

It’s not even worth thinking about

Professor G. Truck said...

i think you guys are forgetting about the strained calf muscle I endured back in late December . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.