There Are Too Many Fucking Shows

We signed up for a free Apple TV trial so we could watch Slow Horses (and because my wife is stuck at home healing from foot surgery) and last night we sampled some other Apple TV shows: Smigadoon!-- which was mildly entertaining (from my perspective) and hysterically funny (according to my wife) and two episodes of Mythic Quest-- which we both found witty and compelling-- and then I had to bail out when my wife started some Irish show called Bad Sisters . . . I know this is a first-world-problem, but the amount of shows on all the platforms is actually stressing me out-- we have text threads of recs from our TV-watching friends and while I understand this is the time of year when everyone is watching lots of TV-- it's cold and gray and the holidays are over-- and this is exponentially magnified this year because my wife can't leave the house-- plus there's the Australian Open and college basketball . . . I'm barely reading anything . . . but it appears that winter is over and my wife might get her stitches out tomorrow, so maybe instead of "dry January"-- which is a terrible month to quit drinking anyway-- but maybe instead of that silliness, we need to do "no wifi February" and release our brains from this digital capture.

3 comments:

zman said...

There are indeed too many fucking shows, I can't keep them all straight and I can't remember which ones are available on which streaming service. If you're looking for a weird show to watch (and I assume you are because you're about as weird as I am) you should check out Legion on Hulu. It's technically part of the Marvel universe (Professor Xavier makes an appearance) but it has none of the overwhelming CGI stuff and instead has off-kilter cinematography and plot twists. The last season isn't as good as the first but that's par for the course.

Whitney said...

I like Slow Horses quite a bit.

Wait, if you never had Apple TV, have you not watched Ted Lasso??

Professor G. Truck said...

yeah, we watched that. good show-- my wife loves it-- but the final season gets a bit ponderous-- a lot of sub-plots-- and sometimes actually being a soccer coach makes the show so absurd that I'll lose my mind, but I loved all ted's jokes and puns

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.