Dave and His Wife are Both Ambulatory

Because my wife started walking again yesterday, albeit slowly, I decided to chance it and see if my strained calf would hold up playing some winter pickleball-- and despite the lousy conditions, my calf felt fine-- although I didn't try anything particularly athletic, instead I'm working on my grip and my two-handed backhand-- I'm trying to get my weight into my shots, like Sabalenka did this morning in her dominant Australian Open victory-- anyway, it was nice to do something competitive with scoring, instead of the futile monotony of working out at the gym-- and I must say, the break certainly helped my knees and shoulder, they felt great-- but BOTH my calves are feeling pretty tight, so I need to learn to rest a day or two after I play . . . I am not good at resting-- I've got to keep moving, there are hellhounds on my trail.

3 comments:

rob said...

you know the hardest part of hitting a two-handed pickleball backhand?

zman said...

I mean this sincerely—do you stretch afterwards? It makes a huge difference especially at our advanced age.

Professor G. Truck said...

i take a hot shower and stretch a bit then-- but now everyone is talking about cold showers and cold plunges and I don't really want to do that.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.