No Good Deed Goes Unpunished (by Dave)

Some of you may be familiar with how I live my life (Dave-style) and one of the cute and quirky things about my particular style of living is that instead of throwing stuff I don't want into the trash, sometimes I just toss it onto the common table in the English Office . . . so when Sara Murphy (affectionately known as Smurphy and one of my favorite people in the universe) came into my class, holding a stack of paper and said, "You forgot your photo-copies on the table, here they are," I felt really bad-- but I had to tell her (mainly because I knew the class would enjoy the information) that I didn't need those photo-copies and they were actually trash that I had inconsiderately tossed onto the common table and that though she had tried to do a good deed, she had instead exposed me as the total jackass that I am . . . but at least I have this blog in which to reflect upon these moments and maybe I won't do this again for a couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Marls said...

Did Smurphy throw them on the floor which would have been the proper response?

rob said...

smurphette was too obvious?

Professor G. Truck said...

no, she's too nice to me-- it's absurd. she even went and made me some copies yesterday when i needed them. she's a kindred soul . . .

we call her smurphy because that's her school email-- first letter of first name and last name . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.