Dave's Still Got It (Aside from a Thick Head of Hair and Speed)

This weekend, I took a break from racquet sports (I played pickle-ball, badminton, and tennis last week) and met up with my pick-up soccer group for our first session on the brand new turf-- I haven't played since doing indoor soccer last winter because I didn't want to sprain my ankle on the shitty rock hard grass at the park but now that the turf is done, I'll attend-- and for any of you wondering, I've still got it-- the touch and the vision and creativity, the ability to play passes with either foot, the one-touch and the give-and-go, the fake pass and the step-over . . . all that jazz-- all that's missing is speed and agility and quickness and my knees.

2 comments:

zman said...

And humility, you still have your humility.

Professor G. Truck said...

right-- i forgot about that one . . . i'm the best at humility.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.