Yuck

I was excited to take Lola down to the park yesterday afternoon-- she loves to run around in the snow and it was unseasonably warm, but-- unfortunately-- the warmth brought the fucking geese back and they had managed to dig up some grass at the base of the sled hill, so they were camped out there, nibbling and shitting-- so that portion of the walk annoyed me: Lola ate some goose crap and I had to steer her around the poop field, around the bend and closer to the river . . . and then she was off leash and running around in the snow, having a blast (while I was walking backward in the deep snow, bulletproofing my knees) but then I noticed she had found something interesting in a plastic bag . . . and it was a rotisserie chicken and she was able to eat a wing before I got it out of her mouth . . . which made me wonder: who leaves a fucking rotisserie chicken in a bag by a bench in the snow in the park?

3 comments:

zman said...

I bet it was Marlin, he did have a difficult journey today.

Marls said...

You found my chicken!

Professor G. Truck said...

marls! stop leaving chicken in the park! the whole thing was kind fo a blur, but i think it might have been TWO chickens . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.