Ups and Downs

Weird day yesterday, hard to characterize . . . got to school, kind of tired from the snowboarding trip, and found a mysterious envelope in my box; I opened it and found a book called There Are No Accidents: The Deadly Rise of Injury and Disaster-- Who Profits and Who Pays the Price and the author was one of my old students-- Jessie Singer-- and she wrote me a lovely note inside that said:

I have no doubt that without your encouragement and support, I would not be a writer today.

Thank you for being the spark, for helping me see myself, and for convincing me I had this in me.

With Forever gratitude--

Jessie Singer

and I would have taken a picture of the note but I threw my phone in the wash and it's dead, so I need to get a replacement phone ASAP . . . I also went to the wrong duty yesterday at school-- I forgot that it was an A day and went to cafeteria duty and wondered where all the regular folk were-- but Stacey texted me and told me I was in the wrong spot . . . and then Alex and I went to the gym and did some backwards walking and pulling for our knees-- Stacey has also embraced the kneesovertoes guy and she even bought a cheap treadmill to walk backwards on (and his book!) so there will be more of that in the near future . . . anyway, I need to research a new phone and figure out how to survive this week, I'm sure it will be an adventure.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

That’s really awesome, dude. Great stuff.

rob said...

indeed. that's really, really cool.

Marls said...

Congrats Dave. That is really good stuff

Professor G. Truck said...

thanks . . . but obviously the phone in the washer evened things out . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.