The Usual (Tennis) Saturday Post

I beat Barry this morning and while he ran me around quite a bit, he's decided that he's aging out of this league-- he's 66!-- but he still gets around and hits lots of weird angle shots and I worked up quite a sweat playing him . . . if I'm still moving around like that fourteen years from now, I'll consider it a life well-lived . . . as far as tennis:

1) I'm serving well-- keeping the face closed in the trophy position and really stretching upward with the left should on the toss;

2) I'm starting to hit some decent drop shots-- you have to stay very loose;

3) my indoor lobs are awful (and I hot a couple overheads right back to Barry . . . not the way to do it)

4) the key to my two-handed backhand is to turn my back to the ball and dip my right shoulder, and then make sure my left-hand goes from top to bottom to top . . . it's NOT a left-handed forehand;

5) as the match wore on, I hit a few forehands into the net . . . I've got to aim three feet over the net on all baseline shots.

No comments:

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.