Good Day to Fuck Up

When I left the house at 6:45 AM for my 7 AM indoor tennis league, I pondered on what a shame it was that I was scheduled to play indoors on such a balmy February morning-- and then I found out, after the lady called out all the court assignments-- that I had fucked up . . . there was a new schedule because of the snow day, and I had a bye this week . . . but this was a blessing in disguise, because if there was any week to have a bye week it was this one; I headed home, and at 9 AM I woke my younger son up and we went and played outside and it was beautiful-- warm and sunny (and a little breezy) and though I played well and made all the games tight, he beat me 6 - 2 and then beat me in two tiebreakers, but now I will be sharp when I head back inside next week and play old people (and my son has been practicing all winter and he's gotten a lot better-- he's more mature, doesn't flip out when his first serve doesn't work, has good touch at the net, can hit a real cut shot now, occasionally a real topspin blasts a forehand winner, and hit a few of my deep corner cut shots right by me, on the run, off a wristy two handed backhand . . . I may never beat him again).

2 comments:

rob said...

my dad stopped playing me when i beat him for the first time when i was around 14, so kudos to you for taking your lumps.

but that's not why i'm here. two things of note from yesterday's sentence:

1. logy is a phenomenal word that i shall effort to use more often
2. i would pay good money to see video of you loonbats walking backwards like some sort of dipshit ducks

Dave said...

i think stacey took some video for her yearly "second" montage. once i have a phone, i will post some. i'm doing some other dipshit stuff for my knee as well-- we can try it at obft.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.