Yikes . . . But Impossible?

Description

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 1 PM EST TUESDAY... WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 13 to 18 inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph. WHERE...Portions of central, northern and northwest New Jersey and southeast Pennsylvania. WHEN...From 5 PM this afternoon to 1 PM EST Tuesday. IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.


I present for your snowpocalyptic viewing pleasure, the current storm warning for New Jersey, while I think some big snow is headed our way, I also think the statement "travel could be very difficult to impossible" is a bit hyperbolic-- some methods of travel might be impossible-- such as commuting to Manhattan in a Mini Cooper-- but plenty of travel WILL be possible . . . if you own snowshoes or cross-country skis or a snowmobile or a dog sled (or a good pair of boots and a heavy jacket).

2 comments:

zman said...

This is why they make snow tires and all-wheel-drive.

About 20 years ago I was living in a grimy Boston suburb and we got about 30 inches of snow overnight. I shoveled throughout the night so all I had to do was dig my car out in the morning. I got to work by 10 am and my department head said "Why are you late?" He parked his Land Rover Defender in a garage so he didn't even have to clean anything off, he just opened the door and went up and over all the dreck clogging his driveway.

Dave said...

wow. i hope he was being facetious.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.