To Infinity and Beyond . . .

While we were watching football, my son Ian asked me if you had to kick a field goal through the goal posts and I told him that you did not-- you could kick the ball as high as you like, because the goal posts extend upward to infinity . . . this is also true for the goal-tending cylinder in basketball: I can't think of any other infinite sporting boundaries of significance, but perhaps there are others . . . and I think I might extend this sentence to infinity . . . why not . . . ellipses are cheap . . .

4 comments:

Whitney said...

The end zone in football

Dave said...

there seems to be a debate over this . . .

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/41asof/question_does_the_rule_of_a_infinitely_extending/

rob said...

the fair pole in baseball

Professor G. Truck said...

yeah . . . that's a good one.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.