Tennis Notes . . . I Am an Idiot

I was really looking forward to my tennis match this morning with Bill-- who is a consistent grinder a few years older than me-- because while I thought I would be able to win handily, I would get a lot of practice hitting slice backhands and cross-court winners, which are shots I need to work on . . . and when I took the lead 3-0 on him he started to mix things up and he hit a beautiful drop shot and my brain said It just might be possible to get to that and then I was sprinting and while I did get to the shot, I pulled my left quad on the way there-- something went "ping" in there-- and while I tried to continue the match-- I didn't want to put Bill out-- it was starting to hurt more and more and I couldn't push off so I abandoned ship and drove home and now I'm in pain and laid up and miserable-- tennis was my favorite part of the week!-- and while I can't complain, because I'm alive during a pandemic, I have learned that I need to REALLY warm up before I play-- I did some light stretching but that's not enough, I need to ride the bike and take a jog and make sure I'm ready to roll before I start sprinting around like a madman for no good reason.

5 comments:

zman said...

At some point you need to acknowledge that the other guy hit a good shot and let that point go.

zman said...

Two points in one sentence, ugly.

Whitney said...

Point taken, point given

Dave said...

this point turned so ugly. and you are so right zman. i should have just stood and admired it. i got to it, but at what cost? at what cost!!!!????

Whitney said...

Think of the children

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.