A Loss is a Win . . .

Although I lost my tennis match 10 games to 9 today, I was happy to survive it without mishap-- I squandered my lead on Lee but made the match competitive by hitting some forehand winners, some precise serves, and some long backhand slice shots; I did NOT hustle, I did NOT get to the net, I did NOT chase drop shots, and I did NOT reinjure my hip/quad . . . it was a little stiff and tight, but it held up (and it held up snowboarding on Wednesday . . . so I've just got to continue to take it easy and I might be able to make it through the winter without further damage).

3 comments:

zman said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of oldman tennis! You got out of the house, broke a sweat without breaking any tendons, and hopefully hit a few shots that made you proud. That's a good 60-90 minutes on the court.

rob said...

i'm in the midst of an enforced layoff from soccer due to self-diagnosed acl injury. hoping to get back on the pitch in march. it's frustrating. thank the lord for peloton.

Dave said...

yeah, i did a lot of biking the past few weeks as rehab. i did hit a bunch of winners! but I've never laid down at the end like this-- it was hard because i could have won, but i was thinking "who the fuck cares?" we had a great time for 90 minutes and i didn't have to limp off the court in disgrace. i'd like to still play indoor soccer but i think I'm done with outdoor-- i always hurt stuff playing longer balls . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.