Hey Joe

At school, a small middle-aged man with glasses has been saying "Good morning Dave" to me for several years now, and this has been embarrassing for me because I didn't know his name and whenever I described him (hey, there's this little guy, with glasses, maybe he's fifty or so, wears a shirt with a tie sometimes, do you know his name?) no one could ever give me a definitive answer and then I would forget all about it until the next time I ran into him and he rudely flaunted his knowledge of my name again, but yesterday near the mail boxes, another teacher (I don't know her name either) said hello to him and she also said his name and his name is Joe (but am I really going to start calling him by name now?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Figuring out my name really ranks amongst the high points of your life?

You know, this post is just rude. When is 46 "fifty or so"? I am actually in pretty good shape for my age. And "little" - That's just emasculating.

You could have just asked. Now that you know my name, forget it!

Dave said...

well, i suppose it's better to have a clean break-- now i can just ignore you like i do with everyone else.

Anonymous said...

every day, vinny the custodian walks by me several times, each time greeting me with a hearty, "What's up, Kenny?" or "How's it going, Kenny?" or "Game today, Kenny?" - this has been going on for three years. i have no idea how to proceed.

Anonymous said...

Remember when Dan thought my name was Stephanie for an entire year?

Those were good times.

Anonymous said...

kenny, you need to get your name changed. and so do you stephanie.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.