Legos . . . They Are a Trap

I'll bet there's a negative correlation between time spent playing with Legos and "handiness"-- as a kid, I loved playing with Legos: they snapped together so easily, they could be built into durable and intricate structures without any other medium to hold them together, and you could start building without any structural plan and end up with a masterpiece, and my sons love them as well-- but, of course, real world materials don't behave anything like Legos-- it takes time, patience, forethought, and an understanding of how substances bond, stretch, crack, break, expand contract, and react to make anything lasting and aesthetic around the house or in the yard . . . something I don't have the patience for; and I'm afraid that my sons are traveling down the same path, as they blithely snap together spaceships, schooners, and castles with the greatest of ease.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I could care less about the sentence itself, I will say that the voice and sentence structure reminded me of someone who can actually write; it sounds like a memoir--well crafted, Dave. And yes, by posting this comment, I am saying that the past 379 sentences suck.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dave! This is such a nice sentence! It's so beautiful! You should write a book! Good job! You're so great! I love it! I'm so proud of you! Thank you so much for this sentence! It's the best sentence I've ever read! Really, you're awsome! I'm going to show everyone this sentence! You've come so far over the last year! It really is a beautiful sentence!

...K... said...

exclamation point?!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.