Special Cake

So my friend took this screwed up cake that his girlfriend was going to toss in the trash, and he decided to decorate it with whatever candy was around her apartment-- and he ended up creating an "animal parade" complete with marshmallow observers, a street paved with jimmies, borders done with candy canes and gum drops, dead marshmallow people that had fallen off the cake, pretzel gates, etc. etc. and though that sounds pretty elaborate, I cannot stress how tacky and awful and downright retarded this cake looked, and when I walked into the office, I had not heard the story of the cake yet . . . all I heard was the very sweet, very nice, very motherly Special Ed. teacher talking to my friend like he was some kind of special needs student, and the more I insulted the cake, the more she complimented him for his "imagination" and cleverness, and really, the whole thing was so cloying that it made me sick (both the cake and the compliments).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEST COMMENT EVER!!!!

Do you really call sprinkles "jimmies"?

weirdo.

Dave said...

no, the cake-maker from ohio calls them that.

celine said...

i can't figure out who this person from ohio is with a girlfriend.

Dave said...

neither could his students-- i'll have to serve up that sentence as well . . .

...K... said...

he had to prove the existence of his gf to his class... ask him about that and corndodgers. muhahah.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.