The Laugh Track is Wack

A student with good taste in television (The Office, Madmen, Curb Your Enthusiasm) convinced me to watch The Big Bang Theory; I turned it on and the physicists had built a time machine in their apartment, and were racing forwards and backwards in time . . . and it might have been a funny bit, but I couldn't enjoy it because there was a laugh track-- and it made me realize that I can no longer watch any new show with a laugh track (but I can watch an old show with a laugh track, like Seinfeld or Joanie Loves Chachi . . . why is that?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came to Dave's blog to see what I missed this weekend--turns out, nothing.

Al DePantsdowno said...

So Dave has this big new flat screen TV to watch sitcoms on. If you're going to watch mind numbing TV, leave it on channel 2 and check out How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men. They're no worse than this show.

Whitney said...

These are some posts (in their entirety) from Dave's blog a year ago this week:

12/24/2007
I almost forgot to write a sentence today.
12/25/2007
Santa Claus brought me four pounds of belly fat-- how much fat did he bring you?
12/26/2007
We met a golden retriever today that was a survivor of hurricane Katrina-- he must have done a mean dog paddle . . .
12/27/2007
I'm trying to learn 'Dueling Banjos' from the movie Deliverance on my banjo, but parts of it are way too hard for me, and this is depressing since all I want to do is sound as good as an inbred retard.

Now go back and read the comments of the past week. (Give yourself a good 10-15 minutes to wade through it.) I'm not sure this is progress. Sometimes less is more, Dave.

Dave said...

thanks whit! (as shakespeare said, brevity is the soul of wit)

this will be known as my long-winded period. (not to be confused with my flatulent period).

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.