I Go Out On A Limb . . . A Nerdy Limb


I know it's controversial, but I told my students anyway because I'm that kind of guy-- if I have an opinion, I speak it and let the chips fall where they may: my definition of science fiction is when the setting-- whether it's based on technology, set in the future, or simply a logical alternative to our own history-- is the main character of the novel or movie-- so that excludes and Star Wars and Godzilla, but does include Soylent Green and The Matrix.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another lump of pedantic coal.

Al DePantsdowno said...

If you're using the word controversial to mean stupid, then I agree.

Dave said...

i'll admit it-- this was not my best work.

...K... said...

did you tell them what soylent green actually is? muahaha.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.