Note to Self: Lisa!

There is a window of opportunity to learn a new colleague's first name and then, abruptly, that window slams shut-- and even if you see this person every day for a few minutes, it's still tough to pry that window open, and make the required effort to relearn the name that you immediately forgot after perfunctory introductions-- but today-- months into the school year-- with the help of another colleague (thanks Liz!) and her ability to access a list with the names of every teacher in the school on it, alphabetized, I smashed that window open and climbed through, and while I my brain may have gotten a bit bloody and abraded during the process, I'm now going to prop the window open by calling this lady that I share a homeroom with "Lisa" tomorrow-- although I hope I remember her name tomorrow, as I can't think of a good mnemonic device for the name "Lisa," as it's a fairly plain name and not epiphanic, like the "Dolores!" moment in Seinfeld . . . I suppose she looks more like Lisa Lisa from the Cult Jam than she does like Lisa Simpson, so I'll have to go with that . . . the idea that our homeroom is chaperoned by Lisa Lisa and the Dave Man (not that I'm going to tell her any of this).

7 comments:

zman said...

I’m sure that every night when Lisa says her prayers she thanks god that she gets to share a home room with you.

Whitney said...

Lisa is short for Leaning tower of Pisa

Also… Lisa!! Gimme the keys, Lisa!!

Marls said...

I’m sure Ms. Cunkelman will be thrilled you learned her name after almost 4 months.

rob said...

he ain't got his lithense, leeetha

Professor G. Truck said...

you know cunkelman? and thx for the extra mnemonics

Marls said...

Everyone knows Lisa but you Dave.

There are 19 people named Lisa that work for the East Brunswick SD. 3 work at the HS. Only 1 teaches standard not elective classes.

Whitney said...

Creeeeeeeepy

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.