The Espresso Martini Was Much Better Than the Music


I thought Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" was the song I hated the most, but last night at Bin, Batch, and Barrel I had to endure "Heart and Soul" by Huey Lewis and the News-- in its entirety-- and I'm pretty sure that I hate that song more-- I'd probably need to do some randomized controlled trials to truly determine this-- listen to the songs drunk, sober, stoned, in the morning, working out, while driving, outdoors, indoors-- but I'm not going to do that . . . usually the vibe at Bin, Batch, and Barrel is pretty chill (and we fled Cuzin's after one drink because the bartender there was WAY too aggressive in his pushing of food and drink) but there were a couple of Rutgers students who graduated from East Brunswick High School running the show and I think they assumed that the old folks who frequent Bin, Batch, and Barrel must love the worst music of the 1980s, so that's what they were playing (but Nick did make an insanely good Almond Joy espresso martini . . . I'll just have to talk to him about the music next time we're there).

 

5 comments:

Marls said...

Isn’t the Almond Joy espresso martini the alcohol equivalent of 80’s cheese pop?

Professor G. Truck said...

yes, yes, point taken

Whitney said...

I really like that song.

Whitney said...

But please don’t throw me out of Random Idiots for saying so. They way the Sex Pistols tossed Glen Matlock out for liking the Beatles. (Semi-urban legend.)

Marls said...

“Out of the Doobies…”

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.