A Conspiracy of Crickets?

I'm trying to finish up the new episode of my podcast-- which is about Colin Dickey's book Under the Eye of Power: How Fear of Secret Societies Shapes American Democracy and I mainly record early-- before school-- but lately, an orchestra of crickets has been ruining my audio (a bunch of fucking chirping crickets are actually called an "orchestra," I didn't make that up) and I'm wondering if this orchestra of crickets all got together and decided to fuck with me, especially because the theme of the book is conspiratorial thinking and it just seems weird that I've never had this problem before (but it IS a real problem-- there's a Reddit thread about it).

7 comments:

zman said...

Yeah, it seems likely that crickets consciously decided to fuck with you. Because everyone thinks about you all the time, including your crickets. I thought this sentence was going to be about you again getting scared by the cave crickets in your bike shed.

rob said...

see, you were thinking about dave, z. thus validating his viewpoint that he lives in a davecentric universe. way to go, man.

Marls said...

Times have been tough since Buddy Holly passed.

Whitney said...

If you don’t think the crickets are thinking about Dave, you’re fooling yourself, man.

Whitney said...

And maybe they’re just pissed about the fucking ads on SoD

Professor G. Truck said...

the book i read was about conspiracy theories . . . irony much?

Marls said...

https://youtu.be/3tgUSpUAPdc?si=5t7U7TVX5XAOJpjI

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.