Conflict in the Spider-verse

 

Catherine and I went to see the new Spider-verse movie Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse with Alex and his girlfriend, and we all agreed that the film is awesome in all aspects: visuals, characters, and plot-- but the crowd at the theater was NOT awesome . . . a bunch of middle school kids talking and horsing around and making a huge mess-- it was distracting enough that I spoke to them in my teacher voice: "hey some of us are here to watch the movie, not listen to you guys . . . you need to respect that" and they were quiet after that-- I didn't need to go full Costanza on them-- but then, when the lights came up, we noticed that there were parents sitting with these kids-- and the dad was giving us the stink-eye and we were giving the dad the stink-eye . . . both my wife and I were annoyed that we spent all day telling kids what to do and how to behave and then we went out in public and had to do the same damned thing again.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Ah, but Dave, you're a teacher, and teachers have great power. With great power comes great responsibility.

Not sure where I heard that, but it seemed appropriate.

Professor G. Truck said...

kind of like being a superhero . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.