Blind to the Way of the Blinds

 


A couple of ladies (Rachel and Sam) were complaining about the state of the window blinds in their room-- a room I happen to share with them for one period-- and I said, "Yeah, my blinds are fucked up the exact same way down in my room!" and one of the ladies remarked that I seemed to be the common denominator in the fucked-up-blinds equation and the other lady asked me if I flattened the blinds before I opened and closed them and I said, "Wha?" and they both said, "You need to turn them flat before you open and close them" and I told them I had never heard that-- but apparently you need to twist the long plastic thing until the blinds are flat, relative to the floor-- as opposed to flat against the window (in maximum light blocking mode, which is the state I keep them in) and I said maybe these blinds needed some step-by-step instructions on the wall because I didn't think the general public was aware of this blind peculiarity and the ladies said that my wife had probably told me about this and I told them that we don't have blinds, we have curtains. 

2 comments:

zman said...

I don’t know what “turn them flat” means, our blinds are always flat no matter how they’re oriented. Whatever happened to the blinds in that picture was more serious than opening and closing then.

Professor G. Truck said...

i guess i mean flat relative to the floor-- i'll revise . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.