Bedtime Stories

I don't know if this is a common experience, but it happens to me all the time-- when I'm reading in bed, at night, and I start to fall asleep, I'll nod off for a moment or two, but I'll dream that I'm still reading-- and my brain will invent the text-- so I'll still be reading along, but not really, my eyes are actually closed and my mind is making up what comes next in the book-- and then I'll start and wake up and I'll reread whatever I was reading and it will be totally different than what I just "read" in my previous half-conscious state . . . I'm assuming this happens to everyone who reads before bed?

3 comments:

Whitney said...

seek help dude

rob said...

i'm gonna start reading sod in bed in hopes that it starts to make sense in my dreams

Professor G. Truck said...

your brain will insert periods!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.