Peanut Butter Hustle


I was preparing to go to early morning basketball-- it was 5:30 AM-- and I had to walk the dog in the sideways rain (I've got a special jacket for this-- I'll put up a picture) and Lola will sleep as late as you let her and is often fairly reluctant to come down the stairs early in the morning, she's content to wait up on the landing until everyone wakes up-- but I had just finished a jar of peanut butter, and her favorite hobby is to lick the remaining peanut butter out of the jar and even though she was warm and in her bed in Ian's room, all I had to whisper up the stairs was "peanut butter" and she came racing down, no hesitation about bounding down a dark staircase.

2 comments:

rob said...

you have a special sideways rain jacket? this i gotta see.

zman said...

You let your dog eat peanut butter on that rug?!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.