BADminton

I debuted my new (and fairly cheap . . . under fifty dollars) badminton racket today at 6:30 AM-- it was certainly an upgrade from the gym class equipment I've been using-- much lighter because it's made of graphite . . . but I saw no marked improvement in my game, perhaps because we couldn't get the basketball hoops up and so we had to tape out a court in the center of the gym-- which made judging things quite difficult (and while my play was, as usual, erratic and profanity laced, my arm doesn't hurt as much as it usually does after one of these sessions).

4 comments:

MattyRo said...

So a 2 oz racket vs a 3 oz racket actually makes a difference?

Professor G. Truck said...

the gym class rackets are metal-- i think they weigh more than that. nothing makes a difference of course, the sport is absurd-- but it's fun to hit your opponent in the head with the shuttlecock.

zman said...

I use wooden rackets, they weigh 6.9 ounces.

Whitney said...

MattyRo!!!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.