Technology Marches On, Sweeping Dave Along With It

We've got new devices and new LMS (Learning Management Software) this year at my school and it's all making me feel very old: the screens keep getting smaller (now we're all on tablets) and they're threatening to take our desktop computers away (even though I can actually read stuff on that screen and my computer has the only DVD player in the room) and we've replaced the simplicity of Google Classroom-- which is free and seamless with Google docs, Google slides, and YouTube-- with an expensive program (Canvas) where everything is very small and every task requires a lot of clicks . . . I'm hoping I retire before this happens again.

5 comments:

rob said...

you have tables with screens? that's some minority report shit. pretty badass.

Whitney said...

What Learning Management System do you have? The company Squeaky works for (and I used to... and Nyla owns...) should have helped you implement it.

Lecky said...

One of my favorite days of the year is your return to school from the halcyon days of summer - yes, I take pleasure in your suffering

zman said...

Do you think your forebears said the same thing when they had to switch from the ditto machine to a xerox?

Dave said...

the kids in "fast times" wouldn't be happy with that switch . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu3iCvAQCHg

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.