High Heels and a Morning Surprise

There's no question that when you're hard at work, it's always exciting to a get an unexpected text from your lovely wife, especially when it mentions high heels and a dress . . . but there wasn't much innuendo in this strand (also, note the lack of punctuation and spelling error-- she was obviously freaked out). I read between the lines and understood that I was going to be the one to remove the eviscerated dead rabbit from the low-ceilinged shed under the porch, which I might add, is populated with billions upon billions of those creepy long-legged cave crickets.

And for those of you that care, the dead rabbit is now in a plastic bag in our trash. I shoveled it out. I'm not sure what got to it, maybe a fox or a raccoon-- or perhaps it was our dog, Lola, as there was a tennis ball placed on top of the corpse--but needless to say, it wasn't pretty (unlike my wife in her dress).

4 comments:

Whitney said...

The tennis ball was placed there as a warning. Interpret the sign or endure the consequences.

Lecky said...

Hard at work - nasty

Dave said...

my second serve has been kind of lame . . . shit

zman said...

Whole new meaning to the phrase “the rabbit died.”

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.