Park Rangers: Do Not Read

Yesterday afternoon, I took the dog for a spin around the park adjacent to my house on my new rollerblades and I'm pleased to report that she was very well-behaved-- to celebrate, I stopped back at the dog park for Dog Park Happy Hour . . . while I cannot reveal the name of the park that hosts this Dog Park Happy Hour, for fear that the park rangers might descend upon it, apparently every Friday afternoon (once it gets warm) the dog park crew brings coolers of beer and wine so that they can imbibe while the canines frolic; a retired teacher from Staten Island offered me a Long Trail IPA-- my favorite!-- so I couldn't refuse . . . a few moments later my son Alex called me, asking for a ride home from tennis practice and I told him I couldn't get him for a while, and so he should either start walking or call his mother because someone had given me a beer at the dog park and I hadn't finished it yet; he said: "Dad, they told us in Health Class that you should never accept alcohol from strangers" and I told him that was very good advice (with the exception of Dog Park Happy Hour).

2 comments:

zman said...

I’m waiting for the follow-up sentence where “that was very good advice” becomes foreshadowing for a story where someone tries to take advantage of Dave and/or his dog at the dog park happy hour.

Dave said...

i do have a follow-up to this but i think it's too soon to put it in writing. anyway, all is right with the universe now that there's a sentence and a zman comment . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.