4/20/2009


The other night we watched Vicky Christina Barcelona, which was quite good-- the studly Spanish painter teaches you how to pick up two beautiful women at one time, he's quite skillful in both art and love, but even more impressive is my artistic eye . . . we knew nothing about the movie, just took it out of the Netflix sleeve and popped it in the player, but as it started I said, "That's Woody Allen's FONT! They stole Woody Allen's FONT! " and in a moment we learned that it is actually Woody Allen film . . . so I guessed the director by the font of the credits: although my wife wasn't particularly impressed with my precognizant aesthetic sense, I'm sure there are hordes of beautiful young women who will read this and swoon.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

The font is called EF Windsor Elongated, and there's an article on Woody Allen's use of it here. Kudos for your recognition of it, but fewer kudos for not knowing this was a Woody Allen film.

Dave said...

wow-- you have become the king of the internet! what do you read now that you've finished?

Whitney said...

I am going to see how many posts of yours I can add a little bit of clarification to...

Dave said...

i make it easy . . . most of the time, i am neither clear nor accurate.

celine said...

keep it up whitney...i think you could start a blog of your own one day.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.