But Don't Confuse Samuel Jackson and Laurence Fishburne

A student walked into my first period class this morning sleepily murmured, "Good morning Mr. Soder" and I turned my head and said, "YOU RACIST! You think every old white bald goateed English teacher looks the same?" and he stammered a bit and apologized for calling me the wrong name and then I told him I was just kidding-- that I could totally see how he mixed up me and Mr. Soder . . . because old white bald guys with goatees do look the same (especially to sleepy teenagers).

6 comments:

rob said...

is mr. soder a different race than you?

rob said...

or are you saying bald, goateed english teachers are a race?

zman said...

What about goatated English teachers?

Marls said...

I assume that Dave believes that he is the only member of his special race. A bald, yet swarthy, race of backyard all-Americans.

Whitney said...

Soder is way way whiter than Dave

Professor G. Truck said...

no, ding dong. white people are a race. caucasian. bald white goateed english teachers are a special subset of caucasian.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.