Dogs Are Smart (People Too)

This morning, when Lola and I arrived home from our morning constitutional, I had forgotten that we left through the back and so the front door was still locked; normally I don't realize this error until I've undone her leash and I say "backyard!" and she runs around the house to the backyard, but this morning, when she heard me pull the front door and it didn't open, she ran around to the backyard before I even told her to-- pretty clever for someone who can't discern her reflection from another dog-- and I was pretty smart this morning, too-- I went to an hour yoga/pilates class with my wife and I learned that not only do I need to get more flexible but also that my core ain't up to snuff either (and I also learned that when you spend two hours at the gym and then get lost going to the bagel place afterward, that though you think you can eat an everything bagel with cream cheese and a biali and egg sandwich, that's really not possible).

3 comments:

rob said...

"we" will have a bagel and a biali?

Dave said...

yeah, pretty much-- but at least it was after the gym and not heavy drinking

Whitney said...

Rob, how come you didn't ask it like you asked me? Who the fuck is "we"???

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.