They Live in Pairs? Excellent . . .

I woke up early this morning, tip-toed into the bathroom-- as we are all sleeping in one room at the Villa Mango-- and was confronted by a Costa Rican scorpion . . . so I flattened it with my sandal; it happened to be on the bath mat when I did the flattening, so I dragged it out of the way but left it out so my wife and kids can see it when they wake up; I just looked up the species and apparently the sting is painful but not deadly, the only disconcerting thing is that, according to this site, they live in pairs, so if you see one then the other one is probably nearby . . . I am up on the veranda listening to the birds and monkeys as I write this, perhaps soon I will hear a scream from our room below (either when my family sees the dead scorpion or when they encounter the irate partner).

5 comments:

Marls said...

Or maybe it will just be your irate partner for leaving the dead scorpion.

Whitney said...

There’s no one like you, Dave

rob said...

dave gonna dave, wind of change be damned

Dave said...

No one even noticed the dead scorpion. I had to show them the remnants of my heroic battle. The partner never surfaced, probably in our luggage somewhere.

Whitney said...

Points deducted for responding with a non-Scorpions lyric.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.