No Crocs But A Plethora of Sea Slugs

Our last day in Samara we went in search of megafauna and drove down a dirt road to Playa Buena Vista-- a primitive driftwood covered beach across an estuary reputed to contain saltwater crocs; I watched a local net fisherman wade across and followed him and I was not eaten by a croc, but my wife and kids were having none of it and occupied themselves on the rocks while I investigated the beach and river mouth; no crocs to speak of so we headed back to the tidepools of Samara and found colorful dories, triggerfish, loaches, eels and sea slugs-- intriguing but minifauna, not megafauna . . . however, on the way home from dinner we encountered Costa Rica's largest amphibian: the giant marine toad (also known as the cane toad).

3 comments:

Whitney said...

This sentence took a turn. Also, a picture would help

zman said...

The notes to draft at the end really pulled the sentence together. I bet that's exactly how Shakespeare did his thing.

Dave said...

Uh oh. Editing is tough on my phone

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.