What Do Squirrels, Candy, and Acorns Have in Common? They're All Delicious!

Today was the first crisp fall day of the season and the squirrels were just brazen-- the acorns have fallen from the oak trees on our street and the squirrels are snacking on them (and socking them away for winter) and my dog desperately wants to snack on the squirrels-- which exhibit no chariness in the least and will barely deign to move from the sidewalk as we pass . . . and it seems unfair, kind of like the fact that we've repeatedly told my son Ian to stop buying candy at Rite-Aid before he goes to school, even though he passes right by the store on his bike and they're always having crazy deals and sales on candy . . . lawyers call this "an attractive nuisance."

4 comments:

zman said...

Chariness is a good word and it’s a new one for me. I have a walnut tree but I’ve never eaten one walnut from it because squirrels ravage the damn thing as soon as it starts to nut (starts nutting?) and whatever falls into my yard is too chewed up and covered in squirrel spit for me to ingest.

rob said...

squirrel spit not really all that bad

Whitney said...

Rob’s been swapping it for years

Dave said...

squirrel ON a spit is delicious

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.