Dave Belabors Labor Day

I have concluded my Labor Day labor: I worked from 8 AM to 1 PM trimming trees in our backyard; I started the morning using my circular saw-- which was dangerous and not particularly effective-- then I borrowed my friend Alec's electric chainsaw, which-- as promised-- had an extremely dull chain-- and I finally walked over to my buddy Ashley's house and got his industrial strength Sawzall, which was the best tool for the job; I had to do a lot of sawing and trimming while standing on a ladder, I had to thoroughly clean the debris because yew berries and needles are poisonous to dogs, and I had to drive three loads of yew tree branches to the dumpster in the park, so I'm (pun intended) bushed but unfortunately, I'm not done expending energy today, and so I have begun drinking beer in the hopes that it will assuage my sore muscles and imbue me with berserker strength for our annual aquatic greased-watermelon rugby match.

4 comments:

zman said...

You never want a beserker in your party, especially if greased watermelon aquatics are part of the campaign.

Dave said...

ugh . . . it was so gross at the bbq after we did the greased watermelon-- it was hot, humid and buggy and i was coated in vaseline. i am happy to be home and showered and in ac.

zman said...

I had the same experience minus the Vaseline. AC rocks.

Dave said...

in the winter, you'll say the same thing about heat.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.