My Son the Half-Assed Telepath

My four year old son Alex told me that "in school you have to say everything out loud, you can't just talk in your brain, because the teacher can't hear what's in your brain" and then Alex claimed that HE could read my brain and he told me to count to a number in my head-- but not to say it aloud-- and, miraculously, he guessed it (the number was five) and while that was nifty, Alex then failed on the next seven tries at this same trick and so when I asked him to concede that he could not read minds he said "What about the five!" and he decided that he could only read minds "a little bit."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why you would put a bunch of circles in a circle for this post.

Dave said...

i'm so sorry for you. you'll never get to truly enjoy a rainbow or a mushroom cloud.

Anonymous said...

Is that because he is allergic to mushrooms?


Low blow Dave.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.