No Where to Go But Up (Down?)

I'm trying to improve my mile time, and I just ran my baseline timed mile (and I'm so sweaty that I'm barely able to type-- it's humid) and while my Runkeeper said I kept a 7:58 pace, I'm pretty sure it took me 8:04 to run the four laps around the track . . . so now I've got to do six weeks or so of long runs and speedwork, and see if I can knock my time down; I think I'll be able to do it, because I'm tipping the scales at a post-double-vacation 195 pounds, so if I lose a few pounds-- which I inevitably will-- I will naturally cut some time from my mile time (perhaps 2.5 seconds per pound).

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I wanted to see you top 200.

zman said...

I feel like this sentence is one big run-on (pun!) humblebrag:

"My phone says I ran a sub-8-minute mile, but I think it was really 4 seconds over."
"I went away for a month and ate my face off and I weigh 195 pounds, I'm a drippy-fat slob."
"I took two vacations in a row."
"I have so much free time that I'm working on running faster miles."
"I will inevitably lose weight."

rob said...

the fog is getting thicker. and dave is getting larrrrger.

Dave said...

i'm not exactly proud of an 8 minute mile, but it's reasonable-- and i do have the free time to improve my mile time (and i can't do anything else with my free time because we are broke from our costa rica trip . . . this is part humblebrag and part humility-- we're on a budget for the rest of the summer) and i always lose weight in september, once i start working and coaching again, so that's just experience. i will be outright bragging if i can improve my mile time! i definitely improved my serve today.

Whitney said...

200. Get there.

Dave said...

i was probably there at points in this long vacation . . . depending on the amount of rice/beans/plantains i ate for breakfast and how much beer i had with lunch (minus the sweat from hiking in the rainforest)

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.