Dave Feels Lucky (But Not THAT Lucky)

After having a bad day Saturday (high fever, constricted throat, tonsillitis, car accident that was pretty much completely my fault) I had a good day yesterday-- the insurance guy was very helpful: instead of admitting the car into the official Geico body shop-- where they would have replaced the bumper, the quarter panel, the headlight, etcetera-- he wrote me a check for the estimate-- which was five hundred dollars over the deductible, and then he told me of a cheap Asian body shop on Woodbridge Avenue-- a stone's throw from my house-- where they fixed my car for several hundred dollars, and so the money from the insurance paid for this and covered the cost of the 85 dollar ticket (with a little something for my troubles) and he said my rates wouldn't go up because it was my first claim ever and a small claim, so with all this good luck, I thought I would capitalize and play the lottery, but the woman in front of me at the convenience store, obviously a lottery "regular" because of her rapport with the cashier, bought thirty one dollars worth of scratch-offs, and it was so sad that I couldn't bring myself to follow suit and so I didn't buy a ticket.

3 comments:

rob said...

whither the quote of the day?

Dave said...

they begged me to each 8th grade soccer, and now i can barely manage a sentence a day. remember i've also been working on an unofficial biography of david foster wallace called "infinite pest," but, lucky for me, it's going to be a lot shorter than i thought . . .

rob said...

okay, i'm willing to contract my services as a quote-finder, if only because i'm bored.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.