Two Pickleball Firsts

This afternoon was unseasonably warm, so eight of us got together at Castleton Park for some excellent pickleball and I experienced two new things-- or new to me:

1) I wore calf-compression sleeves-- and my strained calf muscle felt wonderful, safe, secure, and warm inside the tight polyester/nylon tube and I did not re-pull the muscle;

2) when I tried to block a drive at the net, the ball hit the bottom edge of my paddle, caromed, and clipped my testicle-- and though my testicle was safe and secure and warm inside my spandex tights, it did not matter-- and I felt that queasy sickly distinctive sensation that only those people possessing testicles ever have the privilege to feel-- but it dissipated fairly quickly and then I got back to enjoying the warm and sunny February afternoon.

3 comments:

zman said...

You got pickleballs. Or pickleballed. Or maybe your ball got pickled. Or it was in a pickle.

rob said...

shoulda had a compression sleeve on your pickle

Professor G. Truck said...

wasn't the pickle that got grazed, it was the ball . . . so I needed a compression sack?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.