Dave's Body is Haunted by Shit From 2020

My shoulder hurts-- which hasn't been the case since 2019/2020 . . . I aggravated my shoulder trying to hit a topspin one-handed backhand in 2019 and when I finally got an MRI in early 2020, I learned that my right shoulder has some arthritis, some bone cysts, and some swelling . . . not the worst case scenario-- but these elements have gotten organized once again and are making a team effort to make my shoulder sore and swollen and so it's hard to make a right-handed lay-up or hit an overhead smash in tennis and pickleball-- and throwing a football a good distance is out of the question-- but I'm taking naproxen, like the doctor said, and it's starting to work-- and I'm also recovering from a calf strain-- and this is another injury resurfacing from 2020 . . . I hurt it playing indoor soccer and though I played indoor soccer this weekend, I could still feel it a bit, so I stopped after an hour . . . and I guess this is just how it's going to be-- the same injuries are going to resurface when I push my body too much and they will always be there, lingering in the background, and I'll also accumulate new injuries . . . and then I'll get some kind of illness or disease and croak (and hopefully, I will eloquently document it all for your reading displeasure).

4 comments:

rob said...

my knee is haunted by the ghost of a dirty slide tackle from 2020. bad year for body parts.

Whitney said...

My groin is haunted by the ghost of an old girlfriend and an old relationship from 1990.

I saw her in the sandwich shop the other day, and she wasn't looking so hot. But my groin probably looks worse.

Professor G. Truck said...

we've got a strict no slide tackling rule in our pick-up game, for obvious reasons.

and i wonder what your old girlfriend thought of your new look . . .

Whitney said...

I gotta figure she loves it

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.