I'm Rooting for the Sharks

Shark attacks have increased on the East Coast, for a number of reasons: an increase in gray seals and menhaden-- both food for sharks; federal laws that protect sharks from overfishing; and warming waters which allow bull, tiger, and black-tipped sharks to roam much farther north than Florida and the Carolinas . . . and I, for one, am rooting for more shark attacks because the Jersey shore has gotten extremely crowded and extremely expensive-- a few gruesome shark encounters might bring down the cost of weekly rentals, or at least clear the water out a bit so I can swim in peace (until I lose a limb).

2 comments:

Whitney said...

That should be the next Jaws sequel. Flip the script and the shark is the hero.

zman said...

I saw dolphins at Ortley Beach but no sharks.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.